Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, December 07, 2008

More Live Updates

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm still at DTD, when quite frankly I wish I was at home. Three long days of poker, booze, no sleep, and greasy food doesn't make you feel all that good.

The reason I'm still here is that I made day two of the £200 event that started last night. It event attracted 84 runners, which was the first bad beat of the evening - if there has been fewer than 80 runners we would have finished the tournamnet in one day.

So 18 of us have come back for day two, even though only 9 get paid and they could easily have played down to a final table last night instead of finishing play at the early time of 1:15am.

I was pretty annoyed to have to come back for a second day without the garuntee of getting paid, and to add insult to injury I found myslef as a short stack towards the end of play. I'd been bossing the vairious tables that I'd been sat at and had one of the biggest stacks. Then the blinds caught up and I managed to double up a short stack on a QJT flop to leave myself short (I had AQ, he had QJ).

I wasn't prepared to come back for day two as a short stack, so I went into a crazed overdrive. Amazingly, enough people still managed to find stupidly tight folds against my 'button steal' with KK and my 'obvious squeeze steal' with JJ.

With about 5 minutes of play left, I was moved to another new table. I had about three hands to double or bust. The first hand was folded to me in last position and I nicked the blinds. The next hand one of the various nitty dinosaurs that were playing opened in early position and I was all ready to float him to the river with 74o when another rock flat called out of turn behind me and I decided that I could wait one more hand...

On the final hand of the day, another fossil raised in early position. I looked down at 53o and found the re-raise button. The rock flat called and we saw a flop of A7T. He checked and I checked back to allow him to fire the turn before I moved in on him. The turn was something insignificant and he checked again. At this point there was about 12,000 in the pot and I had about 22,000 left in my stack. I didn't want to bet and get check raised, becasue as much as I didn't want to come back and play a short stack on day two, even I draw the line at calling off when drawing dead, so I decided to ship the lot in. The old geezer tanked for a good few minutes before laying down KK face up!

I showed him, but now I wish I hadn't. Becasue I'll be able to steal less today.

I've got an average stack and hopefully I can take advantage of some incredibly tight play. First place is near the £6k mark and I recon I've got a good shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home