Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Latest Fashion Accessory: the Ice-pack

It seems that being an injured goal keeper is quite fashionable at the moment. So despite our team's getting turned over 5-0 yesterday; despite being on the end of two horrific challenges; despite being on the end of a torrent of abuse from our mouthy centre back and despite waking up this morning with my right knee the size of a football, I'm feeling slightly smug about my elevation to the class of injured goal keeper. It also means that I can legitimately sit on the sofa all day playing in the various Sunday tournaments instead of painting the large acreage of wood that has recently been installed by our carpenter.

Not much else going on in the life of Pink. Despite the length of the list of things that need to be done around the flat, I'm still managing to squeeze in some poker:

Cash games continue to swell the coffers, although a couple of bad mistakes in the last 24 hours are helping to remind me that I'm anything but invincible; it's also been a long time since I've had a bad run. Not that that means a bad run is more likely to be round the corner, just that I might be less prepared for it when it does arrive. As far as cash games go, I'm mostly playing the $400 and $600 NL tables on PokerStars and the £200 and $500 tables on Betfair. The next target is to be able to play the £500 and $1000, although I'd probably do well to consolidate at the level I'm playing at now; my recent advancement in stakes has been quite relatively rapid and I'm yet to have a really bad run at these levels.

I've been playing the odd tournament here and there and I think I'll be focusing my efforts more on tournaments over the next few months. Now I can afford to buy into the bigger weekly events on a regular basis, it would be nice to be able to go after that really big score.

I'm also in pursuit of a place on the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. I had a massive brainfart last night on the bubble of a satellite for the weekly $650 qualifier and ended up finishing 9th with 8 places up for grabs. Ugg.

Watch this space for details of a live charity poker tournament I'm planning for December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home