Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Monday, July 28, 2008

Kenya Countdown

In my time honoured fasion of leaving things till the last minute, I've finally got round this week to thinking about the various immunisations we'll need before heading off the Kenay in just over a month.

It's looking like it'll cost us a good £150 each for what we need. Yellow Fever and Hep A look like a must and Typhiod and Cholera seem to be recommended.

Last time I went I had Menigitis and Rabies jabs too, but I think we should be safe without these for the couple of weeks that we're there. Famous last words, eh?

I can't wait for the trip. It's been 7 years since I spent 6 months out there teaching. It'll be great to go back and see the school that I worked at and the people I got to know in the nearby vilages and town.

We're splashing out on a top end safari and we've booked a dawn hot airballon ride over the Masai Mara. We're also spending a week or so chilling out at the coast on Lamu Island, where I very much hoping to bump into Satan, the rather swave waiter and formidable chess player!

Here are a few photos from the last trip:

Kids at the School





Lamu Town



Dhow trip to Kiwayu Island



Swimming the Channel between Lamu and Manda Islands



Obligatory Animal Shots


2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why is it going to cost you £150 for jabs? I went to the Maldives six years ago and had a few jabs that the docs gave me gratis

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Pinky said…

    I'm not sure if that's slightly more expensive than going to the GP as we had it done at a rpivate travel clinic, but I dont think so becasue I know the GP was going to charge us £45 each just for Yellow Fever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home