Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 Goals

I didn't accomplish many of my 2007 goals, but I still want to set some for 2008. Many of them will be the same as 2007, I suspect ;-)

Life Goals

1. Continue to be happy and enjoy life with Mrs. Pink; always the number one priority.

2. There's a fast track promotion scheme at work. It'll be tough, but I'm going to apply for it.

3. Get of my lazy arse and learn Turkish. I mean it.

4. Run a marathon. I probably won't get a place on the London Marathon, but I'll apply and look at other locations if I don't get a place.

Poker Goals

1. Make $25,000. It's the same target as last year. I'd like to set my sights higher, but I didn't manage it last year, I'm playing small stakes at the moment, and I don't have all that much free time.

2. Achieve an hourly rate of at least $30. Last year it was $20/hour. I think I can better this as much of my downfall last year came while I was playing full time when I played too many tables, played at the wrong times of day and played while on tilt.

3. Play in at least two decent sized live events (£500+).

4. Have a decent sized tournament score ($5,000+).

5. Go to Vegas.

I'm not setting any targets for large event qualification this year. If I have a decent sized bankroll at the time of the WSOP then I may try a couple of qualifiers for that, but otherwise I'm happy concentrating on making money within the scope of my bankroll.

Here's hoping I achieve a few more targets than I did last year and I hope you all have the 2008s that you're looking for.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I’m looking to set up a sponsorship deal in the form of an advert.
    How much would that cost?

    Mail me sales@betwin-poker.com

    Regards

    Rob

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://thebustedman.blogspot.com/

    link swap??

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Wonky said…

    Hi mate,

    I'd be up for a beer at DTD in march depending on the date, let me know.

    I've had an eye on your blog for a bit... 1st of all congrats on your choice to get a job. I've said to a few people in the past that I'd prob be screwed if i'd discovered poker when i was 20.

    Instead I discovered it when I was 30 and fortunately have a fall back position of 10yrs experience in a decent job. The other plus factor is that once you've been with a company for a year or two you can leaverage flexable working (esp if u work for a big blue chip..or have kids ;) ) and drop to 3/4 days a week. This gives great life balance but may screw the career ladder... u'll know when u've had enough of climbing that though.

    Anyway good luck, keep focused on the important stuff and be lucky.

    Jim

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Could you please contact me regarding advertising at bbarroninsc@yahoo.com

    Thanks

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done. anychance of swapping blog links?

    http://hellboundhellraiser.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home