Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Bankroll Slide

Lots of posts of late, you may have noticed.

Thought I'd post a brief summary of this week’s poker:

I've done my bollocks.

There. That's all there is to know. It's pretty fucking depressing, especially as I thought things were back on track after a good July.

It started off as bad luck then as tilt, which can be expensive when playing heads up.

I then decided to try and spin up what money I had on PKR which was about $900. The standard on there is incredibly bad and I sat at a juicy $1000 table with a couple of big fish. I played tight and pretty well, but took a few beats and found myself down to $200. I span it back up to $700 and called it a day. The following day, however, I came for another spin up, took a few beats to go down to $400 and then tilted the rest off.

I then went back to Dusk Till Dawn where I had about £1500 and managed to spin that down to £500 taking some beats at a couple of $500 tables.

The worst was my AA failing to hold up against A4 of diamonds (all-in preflop): I winced when I saw a flop of 4c Kc Qc. That was about as bad a flop as could have been expected without him flopping a boat. The third diamond duly came on the river.

I haven't played since then. My bankroll is down to about £1500 from about £3500 at the beginning of the week.

It's a sicker situation than I'm prepared to acknowledge. Since the big bankroll blowout of last summer (from a high of £23k down to as low as £1k) it's been a real grind to make any progress - I think I reached a high of a bout £4k back in March. Now having to restart from £1500 is going to be really hard work. I'm not sure how many times I can keep crawling back.

There are two likely outcomes, depending on my patience and dedication. Without enough of either of those, I'll probably gamble it at higher stakes and end up going busto. With enough of both attributes, I'll start studying the game - something I seem to have ignored the need for - and grind it back up once more.

I hope it'll be the latter, but we'll see.

The plan from here on in is to play very little for a few weeks. That shouldn't be difficult as I've got a crazily busy week at work followed by our trip to Kenya. When we get back from that I'm heading up to DTD for the Oxford Cup. I've got a lot of DTD points to use up so maybe I'll sort myself out by spinning those into something. Otherwise it'll be back to the grind, maybe in the shape of some small MTTs to prevent the boredom creeping in.

Enough of me chatting crap. I just wanted to get it off my chest, as I'd been rather forcing it out of my mind till this morning.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home