Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Slient Film

I meant to post this before heading off to Kenya but forgot, then last night I was watching a TV advert only to realise a few second later that the sound track used in it was A Silent Film, and then today I find out that they've released their first full length album. So here you go.

They're from Oxford; I went to uni with a couple of them; they're rather good; and I think you should check them out. This quote seems to sum them up quote nicely:

"Gently weaving intricately constructed tales, this DIY piano-led quartet from Oxford produce larger than life cinematic soundscapes, rolling from trance-like distortion to superbly focused piano and electric guitar hooks. Soflty experimental and thoughtfully worded, this is an intriguing debut..."


Their album, The City that Sleeps, is available now. Just follow the links from their myspace page, search for it yourself, or get it from amazon here.

http://www.myspace.com/asilentfilm

Here are two of my favourites:

Born Slippy cover - Live


You Will Leave a Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home