Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Drastic Measures

Days till extended essay is due: 09
Days till I finish for gooooood: 29

Bring it on.

Work has started in earnest and I'm gearing up for the final countdown. This week has been moderately productive, but I've still been distracted at times by the black hole of internet poker. This morning I took the plunge and uninstalled all poker sites from my computer. I know, I thought it was brave too. So far I'm coping reasonably well. I've only had three vats of coffee and I'll probably make it till 6pm before cracking open the whiskey.

Posts will continue to be infrequent, brief and shitty so please accept my continuing appologies. When the time come remind me that you need to hear about three things particularly:

1. The final installment of my trip to the USA
2. That crazy home game down in London where the blinds were10p/20p and yet there was almost £3000 on the table by the end of the evening.
3. The Oxford Cup Weekend.

Briefly, the last weekend was a lot of fun, although I was slightly under the weather. Miss Pink graduated in style and I still had the opportunity to meet Grag Raymer. The Oxford Cup was a blast too and I met up with a bunch of ITHers which was cool. Suffice it to say that I didn't win, but for the sordid details wait you must. In the meantime get over to UPL for results, photos etc.

To bring you completely upto date: when I've been sciving from work, this week I've been playing Pot Limit Omaha and it has been much fun. I've just pipped the $3000 mark in my bankroll which is a good point at which to leave it for studying and should allow for some decent play after graduation. The plan for the summer is to play mostly $5/10 6-max on Party, but I'd want my roll to be up at $5000 for that. Till I get there it'll be more £2/4 6-max limit (slightly above my bankroll, but I've found the play to be surprisingly passive) on Will Hill, $3/6 6-max on PokerStars with the odd bit of $1/2 NL Holdem and PL Omaha thrown in on the side.

That's all folks.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger -EV said…

    Good luck with finals!! The quest for a 5/10 bankroll continues...

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pinky!!!

    I love poker...only play in free tournements on the internet as havent set up account on internet yet, currently only playing against mates...and am actually up money(not nice as it people i knows money but hey they chose to play!). Only playing Texas Hold em at the mo but have played some no money free games on internet of omagh h/l love it BUT noone wants to play that for money...so am still very amater(still heavily dyslexic...sorry for poor spelling!!) at omagh...but love Texas and fancy myself as a better than average player...poker hasnt taken over my life like it has yours...yet!! i love it....look forward to seeing you at your stag thingie!!!!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Hey Rob. Glad you stopped by. We'll talk shop over the summer. In fact we should make some effort to hook up before then and maybe play a bit.

    In the meantime you should read some poker book and surf the web for general strategy.

    Two good ports of call are:
    www.internettexasholdem.com
    www.twoplustwo.com

    There's great advice and book reviews on both of those.

    Laters.

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Pinky-

    so far as I can tell from your countdown, you should be approaching the very final stages of your assignment. Good luck - hope it's all gone well. Looking forward to seeing you at the wedding, if not before.

    Bob :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home