Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, May 27, 2005

Essential Reading

I''ve just been taking a sneaky break from revision (13 days to go) and I came across two great articles that you must read if you haven't already:

DoubleAs' kick-ass post on Pressure Point in No-Limit
Poker Nerd's post on Inflection Points

Talking about inflection points, Harington on Hold'em, Volume 2 is out in a couple of weeks so I've pre-ordered mine. If it's anything as good as the first one then it'll be worth its weight in gold.

I've also just got Super System 2 and Caro's Bok of Tells through the post. Cant' wait to get my teeth into those. In the meantime it's back to the books and damn everyone who's heading off to Vegas over the next couple of weeks. Grrrr.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger -EV said…

    Drop the books, make some flight reservations & get your ass out to Vegas man... this is going to be EPIC. If not, I'm sure there will be a future WPBT for all to attend. Hope all is well with the lady and end of the academic year!

    I'm just getting into Harrington on Hold'Em Vol 1 and love it. Caro's book is interesting but I think dated in some ways. I'd be interested to see what your thougts are on it.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Seriously tempting! It's just a shame that I need to site these exams in order to get my degree!

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger peacecorn said…

    Ooooh. That means Vol. 2 will be ready when I'm done with Vol. 1. Sorry you can't make it to Vegas. Next time, be there for sure with the Mrs. okay?

    Good luck with exams!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home