Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, August 19, 2005

Hot Feet

TWO DAYS TO GO... This may very well be my last post as a batchelor!

Things have continued at a manic pace since getting back from Dublin. The American students left on Saturday. Sunday and Monday were spent packing all our worldly possessions and on Tuesday, my father came down to Oxford, we hired a van and drove it all down the M40 to London. We spent the rest of the day unloading and making a number of abortive trips to IKEA to try and get a bed and other essential furniture items. 3 days later and two more trips up and down the M40 the flat is pretty much occupiable, but we still only have half a bed. We may have to make do with a futon on our first night down there, but at least it's beginning to look homely.

Lat night there was a big family party at Miss Pink's parents' place. It loosely followed the form of the traditional Turkish 'hen night', where the bride to be is dressed all in red, is painted with henna and there's music and dancing. The guys were all banished to the garden where we made pigs of ourselves with food that could have fed the whole of Cyprus.

We're finally back in Oxford now and Miss Pink is attending her leaving function at work. She's lined up with a journalism job when we get back from our honeymoon; it looks like bar work and poker will be my contribution to the rent in the short term. I have one serious job application in the pipeline, but it may be a few months before I hear anything.

In the meantime we've got just over a day to finish all the remaining wedding preparations. It should all fall into place; I've just got some odds and ends to tie up and the rest of my speech to finish. I got the hard part of it done this morning when I got Miss Pink's father to help me out with write the Turkish bit!

We got back to the house in Oxford this afternoon to find our all our honeymoon details and tickets had arrived. Now we've just got to duck the storms!

Needless to say I haven't' had the opportunity to play anypoker recently, but I've been making up for it by having the craziest poker dreams.

Next time you hear from me I'll be a married man. Bring it on.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger TripJax said…

    Congrats man. You're gonna have to rename the blog Fish and Chick.

    Marriage is a good thing...you're in for a pretty damn cool ride.

    Tell wifey I said congrats...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home