Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Minor Setback

My computer has died. The IT guy in college told me that I have "The Blue Screen of Death". Sounds serious, huh? I think I may be about to loose my harddrive and it's been a while since I backed up - probably about 100,000 hands and notes on several hundred players. Idiot.

I also did my bollocks on Saturday at Will Hill. I think I've done enough to convince myself that I'm not cut out to do this for a living. I I just dont have the disciplin. Not the disciplin to wait for good hands or to play them well - I actually am reasonably happy with my game at the moment. I'm refering instead to my continuing inability to play within my means. At the hight of my frustration I found myself playing £10/20 shorthanded limit. That needs a bankroll of about £10,000 and I had barely one fifth of that. Thankfully I didn't cripple my roll, which would have been quite easy with only a moderate downswing at that level.

Things are not all doom and gloom. In fact I'm very positive at the moment. My adventure into the higer stakes has afforded me some perspective. I'm not ready to play poker for a living, that's clear enough and I'm not sure that I would want to play full time anyway. I've been trying to make things happen too quickly rather than sitting back, playing good poker, enjoying it, and steadily moving up the limits. I'm also going to call off my attempts at WSOP qualification for this year. I dont really have spare bankroll and I think money that my time will be better spent in the cash games.

As I see it, the death of my computer is my biggest worry at the moment. It's seriously going to compromise the amount of playing I can do, since I'll now only be able to play when in college, but that's probably a blessing in disguise since I've got a wedding to plan. So right now I'm gonna concentrate on being busy, having fun and not stressing about only playing small stakes.

This is a really boring post. I appologise. Something interesting coming soon, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home