Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, December 02, 2007

DTD Opening Weekend Main Event

I'm up in Nottingham for the opening weekend at Dusk Till Dawn. I'm running on fumes after a week of 6am starts followed by a 3am finish on Friday night (came 25th/108 in the £100 event) and an all nighter last night in the £500 main event.

I'm still in and we're down to the final 11 players. 9 get paid (payouts: £15k - £800). Average chip count is about 57k. I've got 45k and with blinds at 2k/4k, anything could happen. I won't be happy about having to stay the extra day, only to bubble. But it's all ok - I fully intend taking it down.

I'm going to have to battle against the fatigue, though. Hit Squad-er, James Akenhead, is still in too and crashed over in the 'hotel' and snored like a beast. Then Cunting Premier Inn wouldn't let us check out late so we only got about 5 patchy hours sleep and are now killing time in Chavsville Nottingham town centre.

Wish us luck.

Btw, my custom poker chips finally arrived on Thursday. Check the pictures I took, untill I get round to upleading them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home