Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

It's all good!

The length of time since my last post is a pretty good indication of the fact that I've been doing very little since my exams finished. I have to say it's a damn fine feeling!

The Last exam (Data Analysis and Interpretation) was a complete nightmare, but virtually everyone found it so, which makes things slightly better. I was running out of time when I came to the last question (we had 3 compulsory questions for this paper), which I soon discovered I couldn't do. I might have made a better job of it if I'd have been under such time pressure, but to hell with it - I've finished!

The rest of that day was fairly messy. I was met out of my exams in true Oxford style with a bottle of champagne emptied over me and another rammed down my throat. Not to mention the obligatory confetti, silly string, balloons hat and fake mostache!

Because I get extra time for dyslexia the rest of the biochemists had finished half an hour earlier and when I caught up with them in the pub it was clear that it only takes this short ammount of time to get truely wasted. I duly followed suit (no poker pun intended!).

After various pubs and another trip to the off licence we headed to the river for a spot of punting (for those for whom punting is what you do in the 4th down then click here!). Pole in one hand and chapagne bottle in the other I skillfully weaved us between fleets of incompitent tourists before drunkenly toppling head first into the river. Luckily I had the initiative to stopper the bottle with my thumb and rose to the surface triuphantly brandishing said champagne.

I have to admit that I remember very little of the day after that. I'm told that I collapsed into bed at around 8pm. Having finished my exams at 1pm, I think that lasting as much as 7 hours is a remarkable achievment!

Since then I have been mostly recovering, lying in the sun, watching Englnad loose to France, playing poker, singing in a concert, recording a CD, and celebrating my finacee's 21st.

My brother's coming to visit today so we might just have to have a BBQ, lie in the sun and drink some more beer. Ah, life is tough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home