Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, November 05, 2004

A Long Night Ahead

[I've got to stop using these macs, I've just deleted another post I was writing, but luckily it was only one paragraph]

Tonight, I'm playing in one of the four qualifiers for the Party Poker Million IV. There are two limit and two no-limits ones going on this weekend. I've got very little limit experience so I'm jut playing in the NL ones. It starts at 9pm this evening, but that's 9pm on the East Coast of The States! That's 2am over here. If that wasn't bad enough, when I logged on this morning to see how last night's limit qualifer had gone, to my astonishment, it was still going on - this was at 10am!!

Tonight is going to be a nightmare! Of course if I bust out early, it wont be too bad or if I qualify for the cruise (obviously), but it's most likely that I'll doo reasonably well, but fall short of qualifying by an hour or two having got no sleep and no cruise!!

In addition to this, I have to play football tomorrow at 10:30am! I also need to go into the lab for a couple of hours and then I had plan to go down to the Gutshot Cardroom in London to play in a couple of small rebuy tournaments that are going on - it ain't all gonna happen!

Still, I'm gonna try and make as much of it happen as possible: I dont have much choice about fotball - unless the tourney overuns, in which case that's too bad - they'll have to play without me (so what if I'm the captain!). If I qualify then I dont really mind about anything else and I'll probably just go to bed for the day and then get up and party in the evening! It's also not too bad if I get knocked out early - then I can get some slepp and fit everything in the next day and I've still got another chance at qualifying on Sunday.

But if it gets to, like 7am, and then I get knocked out, boy am I going to be a grumpy Pink!

Anyway, I plan on posting a few updates and hand examples along the way - so stay tuned (not that anyone actually reads this drivel!!).

In the mean time. I've got to go culture some bacteria then I figure I might try and go to bed for a bit! I was going to go and see LTJ Bukem and MC Conrad tonight (a fantastic Drum and Bass partnership), but I'll never make it through the tourney if I do (and I think they're probably sold out now). It's a damm shame cos I'd love to see them. Maybe I'll drop by and see if they've still got tickets and play in tomorrow's limit tourney instead hmm... (please excuse this god-aweful train of thought writing)

I'll et you know what I decide to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home