Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Honeymoon Booked

Even if my project write-up is yet to materialise I have achieved one thing this week. Our Honeymoon is offically booked. Barbados here we come. Can't freeking wait.

I should really take this opportunity to heartily thank all the fish on Party Poker. Without you guys, none of this would have been possible!


Other things achieved this week:

[longlist]
[/longlist]

Little Pink (my brother) is coming down to Oxford this weekend with his girl in tow. It's his 21st soon. He's having a Party at his local Rugby Club on the 5th, so this weekend will mostly consist of celebrating the fact that he isn't quite yet 21 and therefore getting incredibly drunk.

I need some ideas for a present for him. I thought about buying him Internet Texas Holdem, opening him an account at Party (using bonus code FISHNOW) and sticking in a few hundred $, but then I figure that he might value his degree to at least some extent.

On the poker front:

I've rediscovered my love for limit holdem, especially shorthanded and heads up. I'm about half way throught clearing my bonus on Full Tilt and, although I'm not totally happy with my play, I've made a bit on the side too.

I've been playing $3/6 and $5/10 ranging from heads-up to full ring depending on the number of people online. I've also been dipping my toes in at the NL tables (anything from $50 - $200 buy-ins) and although the NL sessions have been the most profitable it's much easier to clear the bonus playing limit.

You may have noticed that my "link of the week" is Ship It Poker. This new blog is being pimped left right and centre and rightly so. It's written by three clearly very talented players. A 7th place finish at the WSOP and NL cash players up to $25/50 (that a $5000 buy-in needed a bankroll somewhere in the region of $75,000, *gulp*) If you haven't alreasy done so, check it out for some top-notch advice.

Right I'm actually going to do some work now.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Ooh, Gravy! said…

    Oh my god! That looks amazing! I wanna go! I can picture windsurfing all day long while sipping cocktails on the beach. Nice one Pinky.

    I'd forgotten you're an Oxford boy. I'm going to be there on Sat night but don't know where I'm headed. PM me your mobile number and I'll text you if I'm out and about. Depends how heavy a night out Friday in Bath is going to be. :-)

    Laters.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Pauly said…

    Have fun!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Our wedding is 21st August. We're heading to Barbados on Sept 1st to give us an opportunity to move to London first. We also thought about St. Lucia - it's looks amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home