Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, June 03, 2005

Ticking Over

Aaaarrrggggggg. Too many distractions: the WSOP has started; the bloggers are in Vegas; hell, even the housework is looking more attractive than revision. To make matters worse, I've estimated that in order to get a 2:1 overall I need to get a First in both of these exams, which is fairly out of the question. This guesstimation is based on results from last year and my predictions of the marks I've got for coursework done this year. By the same estimation I dont have to do particularly well in order to garuntee a 2:2. Of course, I've got no idea what my marks from this year actually are, so I'm just gonna have to do as best as I can in these exams and see what happens.

Appologies to those readers from across the pond (assuming I've still got any readers after the quality and frequency of my recent posts) who have no idea what I'm talking about. Basically, as degrees go, a "First" is amazing, a "2:1" is average, a "2:2" is below average, and a "Third" is shit. I'm curently heading for a 2:2, with a slim chance of converting it to a 2:1.

So the World Series, huh? Man, what I'd give to be in Vegas right now. If you're in the same boat as I, then here are some good links for keeping up to date with the goings on:

Poker Pages
Poker Wire
Card Player
Las Vegas Vegas
Tao of Poker

Best of luck to all of the bloggers and ITHers who are playing in Event #2, $1500 NL Holdem, later today - surely a good chance of a final table appearance.

I'll be re-emerging in just under a week with some quality regular posting so dont go away...

Days until first exam - 3
Days until last exam - 6

Suffice it to say that I'm quite looking forward to Thursday.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home