Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Gloom and Doom

Yesterday I had another huge beat and tilt induced loosing session. I lost about 6 buy-ins in as many hours mostly at the $600 tables. It was pretty hideous. What made it even worse was that I was supposed to be getting lots of things done on my day off instead of being chained to the computer.

It started off with a few beats which then became a few mistakes which lead on to howlers. Beats included runner-runners. Small mistakes included not getting away from AK on a king high flop and then howlers included getting stacked holding QQ against an obvious AA.

After my November losses, yesterday has put a big dent in my roll. I hope that it will help to put things in perspective at the end of what, otherwise, has been a nicely profitable and progress filled year. Stand by for that ubiquitous end of year achievements and ambitions post.

Something positive came immediately from my loosing session. I took a large chunk of my live bankroll from my "Mikey McD"-like hiding place and splashed out on some Christmas goodies for Mrs Pink. We then went for a Chinese and to the cinema to see The Holiday which was extremely enjoyable as far as feel-good Christmas flicks go.

Online poker for the next while will be in the form of Pot-Limit Omaha. I've been meaning to learn how to play it for a while now. I'm starting out at the $100 tables for now.

Not much else to report.

I'm in the process of ordering some custom clay chips from the Blue Chip Company in Las Vegas. I'll get sound to posting some mock-ups shortly once I've finalised the designs. I'm pretty excited about them. Next I'll just have to ensure that I can get a regular home game sorted!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger CC said…

    I've been there, Pinky, for sure. You might want to pull back like you've suggested as well as set aside some serious time to play. I'm often at my worst when I'm accidentally playing. Good luck, and hope the holidays are going well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home