Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, May 20, 2007

And The Beat Goes On

I'm still struggling to climb out of this hole I'm in. A couple of times over the last few days I was up a few buy-ins and was beginning to think that the tide had turned only to get hit by a nasty suck out or cold deck. Highlights include losing with QQ on a QKK flop. Set over set and running 5 overpairs into flopped sets.

I'm somehow managing to stay relatively upbeat and I'm still really excited about the prospect of playing full time (one week of work to go). The bankroll is still in reasonable shape and as long as this run doesn't go on too much longer I won’t have to move down stakes.

I'll try and have something positive to say soon, I promise!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jack Dashed said…

    The really important thing is that you play properly. So long as you are making good decisions then the bad beats just come with the territory. I'm so convinced of this that I am sometimes happier when I've lost money - but played well - than when I've doubled my cash through highly suspect calls.

    Best wishes,

    Jack

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Goodluck with the career change mate. Followed the link on kenns blog and thought I would have a read... Nice Work!

    ATB

    BM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home