Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, June 01, 2007

First Few Days

I wish I had good news, but things continue to go very shitty.

I've played Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so far this week.

Things started very well on Tuesday. I played well, ran well and put in a nice start winning about £700.

On Wednesday things reverted and I couldn't seem to win a pot. Add to that a couple of dubious plays and a very expensive miss-click, I finished the day over £1,000 in the hole.

On Thursday my luck was even worse, although I'm happy to say that I played well. Within the first 10 minutes I'd managed to get all-in with AA on a J92 flop against 9T and lose. Things continued in that vain for most of the afternoon. I then had the opportunity to pull back to even for the day: I got my stack in, again with AA, on a 5682 board with one card to come against pocket tens. I lost when a ten spiked on the river and that was a £750 pot. I managed to grind about £300 back in the evening session to end the day about £450 in the hole.

So that makes a grand total of £750 lost in the first three days. On it's own that's nothing special, but it's getting to be the final few straws.

The bankroll is much depleted now (~£4,000) and I'm going to have to move down stakes and grind it out on the $200 tables for a while. I can still make a decent living at those tables and I should still get a reasonable amount in rake-back, but liquidity is a touchy subject in the Pink Household at the moment.

It's Mrs. Pink's Birthday this weekend and I've got a job interview on Tuesday (don't ask!) so I wont be getting in too many hours over the next few days, but as soon as there is more news I'll be letting you have it.

Cross all you fingers and toes!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Jack Dashed said…

    I'd be really interested to know how you intend to manage your bankroll. I believe a bankroll management strategy is the main protection a poker player has against being wiped out when the variance goes against him - and I currently don't have such a plan myself - so, if it's not too geeky a question: what's yours?

    Best of luck,

    Jack

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Hey Jack,

    I go by 30 full buyins for 6-max NL. I think that you can just about get away with 20, but during a bad run you may end up having to move down levels. Ideally I'd be playing with 40 for that extra bit of security.

    Hope that helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home