Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coming up for Air

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive and playing poker, albeit fairly badly. I seem to have less and less time or inclination to blog about poker and little motivation to write anything else of any meaning here. This blog is very nearly dead, so I'm going to try one final push to rejuvenate it.

I'm going to start a completely new blog on which to pen the odd non-poker thought. I will then keep this one for poker musings only and I'll try to write more regularly about the games I'm playing and the odd interesting hand or strategy thought.

Just to fill you in on the last couple of months, January was mostly filledwith playing the $200 NL tables on Ipoker and loosing most of the time. I then started throwing a few of the Steps SNGs on Stars.

For those of you who aren't aware of the Stars Step Sit-and-Go’s then here's a brief rundown: They're mostly 9-man Sit and Go tournaments where the top couple of finishers advance to the next step up. Those finishing 3rd/4th/5th usually get another chance at the same step or get bumped down to the one below. There are six steps with buy-ins ranging from $8 to $2,100. Winners of Step 6 gain entry into big tournaments, e.g. WSOP, EPT, WPT etc. Step 4 tickets are worth $215 and can be used to buy into any of the Stars $215 online tournaments including the Sunday Million.

I've found them pretty soft and a pleasant change of scene. I've invested about $900 into them starting at Step two ($27). I've now got about $3000 worth of tickets at various levels, including two Step 5 tickets ($700 each) and about six Step 4 tickets ($215 each).

I'll probably invest another $600 or so into Step 2 and then try my hardest to qualify for the WSOP main event by working my way up to Step 6. I'll probably use a few Step 4 tickets here and there to buy into the Sunday Million too.

In the last few weeks I've been taking another shot at Pot Limit Omaha. I've never been able to master the game, which has been frustrating because I know that there is a lot of money out there. This time I seem to breaking even at the $100 tables, which at least is a start, but I really should be able to kill those tables.

So the plan for the next couple of months is just to try and enjoy poker and get better at PLO, whilst trying to qualify for the WSOP and taking a few shots at the Sunday Million.

As I said above, I'll try and post much more regularly and once I've got my new blog up and running I'll post the link here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home