Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Come Ramble With Me

Appologies in advance for the lack of structure in this post. I have a feeling that it might run away with itself.

First off, Happy 21st Birthday to The Little Pinkmeister. I was well stuck for a present idea. Then I had a brainwave...

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give him a copy of Internet Texas Holdem by Matthew Hilger and open him an account on Party Poker using bonus code "FISHNOW" and he will catch his own fish.

I aslo wanted to chat a litle about the new tables and buy-in structures for Party's NL games. For all their PL and NL games they've changed the maximum buy-in from 50 big blinds to 100 big blinds bringing themselves in-line with virtually every other site out there. They've also added $3/6 and $5/10 NL and PL tables to their armary. Overall this mean that the biggest NL table is now $1000 buy-in compared to the $200 it was before.

Clearly this is a significant change. These new tables combined with the weath of fish floating around on Party with $,000s to burn will surely attract many mid/high-stakes NL players who previously played at other sites. There's an interesting discussion going on over at the ITH forum about the effect that this will have on the previously very lucrative $15/30 limit games. It's all a bit hypothetical as far as I'm concerned at the moment, since my bankroll is a long way off either $15/30 limit or $5/10 NL, but it's been making me think a bit (God forbid!).

I'm planning on spending the summer after I graduate playing seriously with a view, if things go well, to playing for a living for a year or so after that. I know that in order to make some real progress over the summer I'm going to have to focus my energies on one form of poker and I was leaning on the side of limit, since reaching $15/30 by the end of the summer is a possible goal and a level that once reached could provide a decent income. If Party's $15/30 tightens up conciderably then I might have to re-think that plan and concentrate on NL insted. I guess I'll see how things stand nearer the time.

I've contiuned to play a tad of poker this week, when taking breaks from project work. I've put my Full Tilt bonus on hold while I clear the most recent Party one. I've been playing $3/6 and am up a tasty 50BB after only two sessions. Party is SOOOOOOOOO soft!

The a cappella group that I'm in have a small set tonight as part of a charity gig done by the five big groups at the University here so I should really go and make sure I've got our pieces totally memorized before finally getting back to some project write up.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home