Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, June 10, 2005

It's All Over

The dust is yet to settle, but the fact remains that I've finished my degree and I'm now officially unemployed. It felt pretty weird coming out of my last exam yesterday afternoon, knowing that that was the end. It's great finally to have finished but it also feels like some kind of pugatory.

I'm actually gonna be really busy over the next few months, what with wedding preparations, looking for somewhere to live and trying to make some cash. I've got a job lined up for 6 weeks in July and August (acting as 'social director' for the UVA Summer Program in Oxford, which basically involves playing football with them and taking them to the pub - sweet!), but in the meantime the bank balance is looking somewhat unhealthy. I may have to start paying myself out of my bankroll, which is gonna put the pressure on somewhat. Hopefully I can find the time to put the hours in and let rakeback form part of the paycheck.

The blogers are well and truely back from Vegas. Trip-writeups abound, just pick a link from the right and chances are that they were in Vegas. There's pleanty still going on there by way of a small poker competition or something. I've added some links to the right for WSOP coverage. Make sure you hit up Tao of Poker and Las Vegas Vegas - Pauly and the Poker Profs are busting ass to get some quality coverage scribed and some cool pics too.

My attempt to make the main event will continue. I've got about $500 on Stars which will go on buying W$. I'm them gonna play the $25 rebuy events in an attempt to build up a bit more of a WSOP bankroll and eventually play a few of the Sunday $600 qualifiers. That's the plan anyhow. It may turn out that I have to stick to cash games in order to pay the rent.

I'm gonna try for daily posts, or certainly every other day so stay tuned. In the meantime, peace.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger TripJax said…

    Congrats man. Now the fun begins. Good luck with all that...

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Thanks folks. Now the fun indeed begins!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home