Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, October 07, 2005

Crazy, Crazier, and Iggy

I have a dilemma. I've just discovered a handy technique on the data entry system I'm using that speeds up the process enormously. But what should I do? Do I divulge this little secret receive a modicum of praise and generally feel rather clever and superior for the rest of the afternoon, or do I keep it to myself, input an appropriate amount of data and spend the rest of my time blogging and reading poker articles. Hmmm. Such are the descisions facing me in this cutting edge office job I've landed myself. What can I possibly set my sights at now that I have realised all my life's ambitions at the mere age of 23?

Seriously though, this job freeking sucks. I can do all the work that's expected of me in half a day and then I just have to piss around for the rest of it. Since I'm temping there's nothing do be gained by over achieving, this job leads nowhere! Yesterday afternoon, my supervisor told me that I'd done too much work and I should find something else to do until 5 o'clock. Crazy.

I'll tell you what it's not as crazy as, though: Some guy burning through almost $1,000 in less than 30 minutes at a $1-$2 NL table. Unreal. The even crazier thing is that it all ended up in front of me. That's right, not a single sausage went to anyone else! BOYAKASHA, one might say.

I've often seen manacis drop buy-in after buy-in but you have to get lucky quickly in those circumstances before it's all gone. Well, I did. I've been playing at the stars $1-$2 NL 6-max table for a few months now. I only really have the bankroll to be playing $0.50-$1 NL but instead I've been playing the bigger game but only sitting down with $100. I recon my hourly rate is better sitting down with $100 at the $1-$2 tables than it is sitting down with the same amount at the $0.50-$1 tables.

So, as has been the trend since I started this God forsaken job two weeks ago, I finished at 5pm on Wednesday afternoon and headed for the internet cafe for a few hours poker before Mrs. Pink finished work (She works late on Wednesdays as her paper goes to print the following day). I was about even for the session having been up and down a couple of buy-ins when I moved to a new table. I typically two table, but at that time I had three tables open as I was in the process of switching from one to another. I was also emailing and reading blogs. Slap Wrist.

Hand Histories in Blogs are crap, but tough, here are 3:

Hand 1
Not Much of a descision in the first hand, just a shame that I didn't have more infront of me...

BB ($173.75)
UTG ($200)
The Whale ($544.45)
Pinky ($142)
SB ($61.45)

Preflop: Pinky is Button with Ts, Td.
1 fold, The Whale raises to $4, Pinky calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $2.
Flop: ($13) 4c, 9s, Tc (3 players)
BB checks, The Whale bets $12, Pinky raises to $36, BB folds, The Whale raises to $540.45, Pinky calls $102 (All-In).
Turn: ($289) 4s (2 players, 1 all-in)
River: ($289) Qs (2 players, 1 all-in)

The Whale has Qc Ac (two pair, queens and fours).
Pinky has Ts Td (full house, tens full of fours).
Pinky wins $289.

Hand 2
This second hand is a pime example of why one should not be distracted by emailing, blogging or multi-tabling. When he pushed all-in on the river I probably would have folded, since I hadn't been paying attention to his maniacal tendancies. I must thank the poker Gods that on glancing over to the chat box I noticed that one of the other players was berating the whale for being a crazy maniac fish.... INSTA-CALL!

MP ($165.75)
Button ($179)
The Whale ($425.45)
Pinky ($287)
UTG ($60.45)

Preflop: Pinky is BB with Jc, 7h.
UTG calls $2, 2 folds, The Whale completes, Pinky checks.
Flop: ($6) Ad, Js, 7d (3 players)
The Whale bets $6, Pinky raises to $20, UTG folds, The Whale calls $14.
Turn: ($46) 9c (2 players)
The Whale bets $12, Pinky raises to $48, The Whale calls $36.
River: ($142) 2h (2 players)
The Whale bets $355.45 (All-In), Pinky calls $217 (All-In).

Final Pot $576

The Whale has Kd 3d (high card, ace).
Pinky has Jc 7h (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Pinky wins $576. Oh Yeah!

Hand 3: These are the things that dreams are made of...

BB ($116.75)
UTG ($163)
The Whale ($233.20)
Pinky ($644)

Preflop: Pinky is SB with Ad, Ac.
1 fold, The Whale raises to $10, Pinky raises to $25, 1 fold, The Whale calls $15.
Flop: ($52) 3s, 3d, 8d (2 players)
Pinky bets $30, The Whale calls $30.
Turn: ($112) Jh (2 players)
Pinky bets $75, The Whale raises to $178.2 (All-in), Pinky calls $103.20.
River: ($468.40) 7h (2 players, 1 all-in)

Pinky has Ad Ac (two pair, aces and threes).
The Whale has 9s Qc (one pair, threes).
Pinky wins $468.40.


I kid you not. All of that happened in less than 30 mins. I sat down with $100 and 30 mins later I had $900 in font of me. On my other table, in the same period of time I was up $200. I needed a Guinness after that.

Talking of Guinness, I just got a call from Iggy. He's in London this weekend at the culmination of his grand UK and Ireland tour. I think we may be hitting the Gutshot tomorrow. Apparently our difference in hight is a full 3 feet...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow. It's good to see that your poker-fortunes are improving, although your spelling, sadly, is not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home