Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Week Four Update

So, what do you think of my catchy new post titles, huh?

It's been a monster week. Huge. It's been a combination of three things. I've been running well (always helps); I've been playing higher stakes; and I've revamped my style somewhat...

I've turned super loose-aggressive preflop. Combining this with betting any flop, heads-up, means picking up a lot of small-pots against weak opposition. If they play back at you then it's easy to get away from crap if you haven't hit. Equally, you get paid off massively on your big hands. It's been a rollercoaster, but a profitable one so far. It still needs some tweaking: I'm not picking up on the calling stations quickly enough, and that's costing me some.

On the real job front, everything's going to plan. If my references check out then I'll be starting on the 27th of this month. I should be getting the offer this coming week. Final crossing of fingers required.

Mrs. Pink and I are going away for the week before the 27th, so this is my last week of playing starting tomorrow. Here's hoping I go out in a bang and don't decide that's it's ok to stick half of my bankroll on the line for the last day!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home