Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Warm and Fuzzy

---------------------------------
Life's good.

It just is.

It's not often that I sit at my desk and feel content, but this morning has seen me doing just that. I have a lot to be thankful for.

I have the most amazing wife, I have a wonderful family and I have the whole of the rest of my life to enjoy. Bring it on.

------------------------------
We went up to Nottingham this past weekend to see my brother and to redeem my Birrthday present, which was tickets to see Faithless.



They fookin rock.

It was also great to see the bro and his girl. We hung out, ate, drank, and even played a spot of cards. Twas a good weekend.

-----------------------------
Poker continues to take much of a back seat - at least compared to the ammount I played before I joined the working world. I still haven't got Poker Tracker or any other stat/record keeping parafanaliar (spelling?) set up on the new computer, so that's certainly contributing to my treading water (read: steadily loosing) over the last week. I'm not too worried yet.

It's looking as thought I may be hosting a game at mine on Friday night. I've been trying to set up a regular game for a while with little sucess, but there seems to be enough people interested this week. With any luck there should be some low stakes shinanigans.

My long term poker goals need re-evaluating. I really want to become an excellent player, but I doubt that I'm going to be able to give it the required attention to achieve that. I haven't properly studied the game or analysed my own play for a long time, which is seriously holding me back.

I'm more certain that no-limit cash games are what I want to persue the most. Although, I started with limit, I enjoy NL much more now. I still like to return to 6-max limit holdem from time to time, but I'm seriously rusty and it's almost certainly -EV for me at the moment.

My tournament game is seriously needing work too. It's been a fair while since I played many tournaments, but this week I've played a few and boy have I sucked. I busted early in most of them playing far too loosly and aggressively. I had one sucess in a 1,000 FPP qualifier for the WPT-CPA. I've now got a butt load of FPPs, so I'll either buy a load of Poker Stars T-shirts or take a 1 in several hunderd shot at qualifying for the trip. I also bubbled in a $20, 180 player tournament on Stars. I felt I played better, but I still made life difficult for myself by bluffing off a large chunk of my stack on a couple of occasions.

Enough about poker

---------------------------------
I haven't forgotton about my promise to write about Kenya. I'm working on an introductory post about the work I did out there and in the mean time I'll have to dig out my journals from the bottom of a box under a mountain of other boxes somewhere in the depths of our rather jam-packed storeage cuboard.

As home-work, go and see The Constant Gardner.
Bloody. Amazing. Film.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger Ignatious said…

    added it to my netflix que. good reviews on it, thanks!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ooh, Gravy! said…

    Hey Pinky,

    glad life is good! :-) I'm just getting back into the whole poker thing and enjoying it again. I caught up with Pokerdog on one of the Crypto's the other night and he said you were down in London now. It only takes me 50 mins on the train and I've been looking for a reason to hit the GutShot again. Ping me a text if you fancy meeting up in the new year.

    Laters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home