Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Week Three Update

Nothing untoward to report. Week Three was a winning week, although not as winning as I might have hoped. I felt I played reasonably well. I'm definately ironing out some leaks and cutting down on the silly mistakes, but there's a long way to go yet.

On the real job front, I've heard that I passed all the final checks and it now should be a matter of weeks before I start. Almost time to celebrate; it's been a long time coming.

When we first moved to London I was keen to set up a regular home game. I tried Friday nights, but it didn't really get off the ground. I hosted a game this Wednesday and it seems as though it might become a regular event. There really is nothing quite like small-blind, deep-stacked, NL Holdem with mates. At one point the average stack was about £80 with 10p-20p blinds. Much fun was had. I didn't take notes as I promised. I'll try and do better!

Mrs. Pink and I are also looking into getting our feet onto the property ladder. We've started looking at a few places, and with my new job on the horizon, we may be able to have somehwere in place for August when the tennancy on our current place expires.

I'll leave you with the following. My first royal flush. Getting two people all-in was just a bonus. One had a flush. The other had a broadway straight. Thanks guys.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ooh, Gravy! said…

    Good to know that you're winning matey.

    Looks to be a bug with the PS software though! The name in the chat history is different to the one on the table. ;-)

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger TripJax said…

    congrats on the job front...and congrats on knowing how to alter screens to give yourslef royal flushes...lol

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Wade said…

    no fair, you flopped it. congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home