Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Spring Clean

-----------------------------

Ok, it's very much not spring - in fact this country is Arctic at the moment - but it's definitely a clean. This blog has needed a good dust for a while now: the blogroll was very out of date and many new reads needed linking up. I'm half way through the process, but with any luck if I'm reading you, you now appear somewhere to the right.

Specific pimpages:
Ten Mile - I've been reading Ten Mile on and off for a while, but I've only been a regular since his recent site relocation. I really enjoy his unique style, and hey, he gave me a big pimp last week!

David Pomroy - High Stakes NL online player from the UK. He came third in the recent EPT event in Dublin.

Threebet33 - High limit player living in Vegas

----------------------------

My body is revolting.

Ha! Checkout the double entendre. Whilst I may not be brad pit, that was not my intednded meaning. I hurt.

I'm sure, however, that all this physical over-excersion is doing me good. It's definitely helped in cheering my general mood. There's nothing like getting off one's fat arse and stirring up the blood.

---------------------------

Some good news. I just had a phone call letting me know that I passed last week's assesment day. Rock on! There are a couple more hurdles to jump, but - without wishing to temp fate - they should be more of a formality.

A light at the end of the tunnel?

--------------------------

A new direction for this blog? I think that this might be in store. I've decided that I dont really have anything interesting to say about online poker:

  • I'm no DoubleAs, so I've steared clear of strategy posts.
  • Hand histories kill small childeren, so I try to stay away from those.
  • Reading re-caps of blogger tournies (as fun as they are to take part in) makes me want to return to my data-entry, althoug having said that I'd probably force you all to read about how I'd fared had I taken part in any recently!


  • So what am I going to write about then?

  • Live poker reports make me moist, so I'll be doing as many of those as possible.
  • Other trip reports: Iggy suggested this, so expect some acticles about the six months I spent in Kenya, for example.
  • Musings on life in general are good for me and damn it, they're good for you too!
  • Of course, I will include brief updates on my online performance, and maybe even the odd hand history if you're really well behaved!

    ----------------------------

    That's all for now folks. Take care.
  • 3 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home