Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Small Slide Before the Big Score...

I'm on a slight down slope these last couple of weeks. A touch of bad play crept into my Hold’em cash game play, although I've ironed this out now, but the biggest culprit is the PL Omaha I'm playing.

I've tackled PLO a few times and after each attempt I'm come to the conclusion I'm break even at best. This time I'm going to try really hard to learn it, because I KNOW there is a lot of money to be made in this game at the moment. I'm watching the Card Runners PLO videos and I'm working my way through Jeff Hwang's Omaha book, which is excellent by the way.

At this stage I can't decide it it's my poor play or the insane PLO variance which is to be blamed for the loosing streak - probably a bit of both.

I've been playing a mixture of $100 and $200 tables and although I've got over 60 buyins for the $200, I'm not convinced that's a big enough roll for PLO, especially as my ability is questionable, so I'm going to try my hardest to stick to the $100 levels until I can improve and achieve a decent win rate - I guess I'd be happy with 5 PTBB/hr.

As for the big score - well - there's still some work to do on that front...

I've decided to play in the DTD anniversary cup. It was a no-brain decision really, since I'm effectively freerolling into it. DTD have changed their reward system and as a result I've got over £1300 worth of points to use by the end of April, so this comp is ideal. It's a £1060 tourney with a £100K guaranteed prize pool. It's 20k in starting chips with a two hour clock - the same structure as the WSOP main event. So there'll be lots of play, but on the other hand it'll be a massively tough field. Still, it's a freeroll for me and first place should be near the £40k mark.

The only thing which had been stopping me from playing was that I didn't think I'd be able to get the time off work, but that's all sorted now so it's time to take it down.

DTD have got some added value satellites online and at the club over the coming week so check it out if you're interested.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Wonky said…

    C u at the Aniv Cup :)

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Im interested in advertising on your blog, if you are interested please email me, instantbankrollsupport@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home