Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Thursday, June 15, 2006

World Cup Shinanigans

Despite working today I managed to see most of Enlgands bedraggled performance against Trinidad and Tobago. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Sweeden's last minute winner this evening also means that we need to avoid defeat against them on Tuesday to win the group.

PokerStars are adding $1000 to a warm up tournament before England's game with Sweden on Tuesday. It's only open to the English and the Sweeds and with a $5.50 entry it should be pretty good value. The tournament starts at 7pm BST. I'll see you there - playing as "NileFever".

As soon as the world cup winds down there will be the WSOP to distract me and make me wish I was somehwhere else. Not fair. With any luck Mrs. Pink and I may be able to make to any blogger gathering that happens in December. I'm sure we'll be greatly missed at the upcoming one!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "NileFever"?

    is that a new screen name?

    you're not pulling a ZeeJustin on us now, Pink?

    gl in that tourney.....finally the Brits have found a way to ensure victory: host a poker tourney and only allow Swedes to enter.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Nah, I've always been NileFever on Stars.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    try to figure out how many Swedes are at your table.....divide by 2 and that's the number of callers you will have for ANY raise

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    after that showing against Trinidad, the Brits should do the honorable thing and withdraw from the running

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger TripJax said…

    Yeah, it is a busy couple of months...

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Redpill is back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home