Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Friday, May 01, 2009

Things looking up?

April was my first winning month of the year thanks to a couple of late tournament scores. I managed to bank a modest £650 despite sinking a fair bit into PokerStars' Step SNGs.

I came 3rd in a $10 rebuy tournament on ipoker the other day for a handy $500 and then after a marathon session last night, beginning at 1am and finishing a little before 9am, I came 7th in a $3 rebuy on PokerStars for a tasty $1,000.

The latter was a tournament of epic proportions. The rebuy period last 90 minutes so they could guarantee the $50,000 prize pool kindly donated by the 4000+ fish who take part. I don't think it's a healthy tournament to play regularly: one could play for 7 hours and barely make $30. That being said there are oodles of value in it and the money at the final table is pretty enticing - first place took home $6,500. Naturally I was gutted only to finish 7th for $1,000, but given that I was only in for $9 that's a pretty healthy return on investment.

As far as the PokerStars Steps tournaments go and my quest for a seat at the WSOP, things weren't looking all that rosy. I ploughed in another $1,000 into the venture this month and until a couple of hours ago I had nothing to show for it. Thankfully, I've just triumphed in a Step 5 so I now have another Step 6 ticket to add to my collection. I've got three of them, each being a 1 in 6 shot at WSOP qualification.

Money invested: $2674
Tickets accumulated: $7594


I'll probably put another $1500 in before calling it a day and making a sprint for the finish with however many Step 6 tickets I've managed to accumulate.

If I win a $12,000 seat, I doubt that'll I'll play in the event choosing, instead, to take the cash. If I wasn't down for the year I might take the gamble. What I would do, however, is reinvest a few thousand of in an attempt to win a second seat.

Here’s hoping for a huge month of May.

P.S. I twittered a couple of days ago about how I’ve turned into a total arsehole. I'll blog about it in due course, but suffice it to say, that I need to do some self-examining.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Amatay said…

    alright mate, you interested in making a few extra £££? Its all free and you have to do about 2 mins work. Involves placing a couple of ads in your blog either small of large depending on what you want? I got £60-70 here now if you want it with the potential to perhaps earn an extra few hundred on top of that, interested?
    Email me Amatay1@yahoo.com

    p.s. delete this after you have read it pls :-)

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Amatay said…

    amatay1@yahoo.co.uk
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home