Fish and Chips

A poker themed blog, charting the demise of my degree and the rise of my poker career.


Play Online Poker

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just a Cold / WSOP Link-Fest

My cold has got worse and I feel like a luke warm turd, but my poker outlook has improved massively.

I've ventured back into the world of online cash games which have been keeping my accumulation of VPPs on PokerStars ticking along nicely. Thanks to their VPP give-a-way for UK players in May, I'll reach SuperNova by July 3rd which will get us an upgrade to a suite at The Palms in Vegas.

Now the WSOP has officially kicked off, I can't keep my mind on anything else. I really don't know how I'm going to be able to cope over the next month. That's far too long to be reading about all the shenanigans and not being involved.

Still, I can use the time to get into shape for the Main Event. I'm going to search out a few good live tournaments to play. I'll also be studying away and watching heaps of CardRunners videos, reading books and forums and playing some of the Sunday tourneys online. A nice cash in some shape or another would be good to boost the confidence.

I'll leave you with a heap of my favourite WSOP links and a reminder that there are still shares available in my action ($100 for 1%) and I'm selling a bunch of W$ on Stars in case you're playing any satellites yourself.

Personal Blogs of those at the WSOP:-
Tao of Poker - The daddy of WSOP coverage.
AlCantHang - The daddy of SOCO drinking.
Animal - Just came 4th in event #3 for $74k.
Amatay - Everyone's favourite Watford fish.


Poker Reporting/Updates:-
PokerNews.com
PokerStars Blog
WSOP.com - Official WSOP Site
Wicked Chops Poker - Poker and girls.
Pokerati
Poker Road
Poker From The Rail - The Full Tilt Blog
Poker Listings
Ultimate Bet Blog
Bluff Magazine

Let me know if I should be adding more to the above.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Amatay said…

    Alright mate, n1 on shipping the seat. When you flying out to Vegas. Im leaving here in about 8 hrs, weeeeee

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on winning the seat, I was following you on Twitter and saw you won one. I am not jealous, not even a little bit. Honest!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger TenMile said…

    Congrats on the seat.

    Received this, WSEX. COM mobile, in the email today.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Robert "Animal" Price said…

    i'll take 5% for $500 cash out here if u can arrange to meet up sometime b4 the big one. shouldnt b difficult im in rio almost daily at the mo

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Pinky said…

    Nice one, Animal. I'll come and find you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home